Listing Number: PI64596
Property Type: Residential Sales Listing
Famously known as Cashmere House, evoking the grandeur of a bygone era, this property occupies a splendid location on near-level 3,278 sqm grounds with sweeping views across the city to the Southern Alps. Designed by Heathcote Helmore and built in 1946, restored and updated in recent years, it boasts superb modern amenities against a canvas of character features.
In a very private setting, surrounded by elegant mature gardens, the home offers exquisite indoor and outdoor spaces. Open-plan living and dining opens to an expanse of sun-drenched terrace, generously proportioned to accommodate the largest gathering. A sleek contemporary kitchen serves the space, connected by an island counter, and right alongside is a full second kitchen, this one well-appointed with gas cooktop and other quality appliances. Add two separate walk-in pantries and a wine cellar and you can be assured that this home makes light work of catering to family and guests. An intimate second sitting room and dining space adds welcome flexibility.
A luxurious master suite enjoys picturesque garden views and includes a dressing room, WIR and en suite with twin vanity. Upstairs, four further bedrooms (two with WIR) share a modern family bathroom with standalone bath. A separate laundry, office, powder room, four-car internal access garage, central heating and great storage complete this unique home, all nestled in magnificent private gardens including a charming outdoor entertaining area with pizza oven.
An enviable position on the lower slopes ensures absolute convenience: strolling distance to cafés, a short drive to the city, and zoning for Cashmere Primary, Thorrington School and Cashmere High. This grand hillside estate offers a lifestyle like no other. Contact the agent without delay to view.
To view documentation in relation to this property, please copy and paste the link into your web address bar: http://www.propertyfiles.co.nz/PI64596
Please be aware that this information may have been sourced from RPNZ/LLUR/REINZ/Property Guru/Land Information New Zealand/Christchurch City Council/CERA and we have not been able to verify the accuracy of the same.
- Land Size 3278 sqm
- Property Type House
- Roof Tile and Clay tile
- Tenure Freehold
- Approx year built 1946
- Property condition Excellent
- Garaging / carparking Four car lock-up, Internal access, Off street
- Construction Plaster, Weatherboard and Poured concrete
- Joinery Timber
- Insulation Ceiling
- Flooring Tiles, Timber and Carpet
- Window coverings Drapes, Blinds
- Heating / Cooling Other (Diesel Central Heating, Gas fire)
- Chattels remaining Light fittings, Electrolux induction Hob, Downdraft extractor fan, Fisher & Paykel oven, Rangehood, Fisher & Paykel pyrolytic oven, Waste disposal, Mitsubishi heat pump (x2), Miele gas hob, Bosch dishwasher, Gas fire, Diesel central heating with 13x radiators, Garden shed, Dresser in study, Thermosafe bathroom heater, Heated towel rail, Wine cellar, Pantry (x2), Safe.
- Kitchen Designer, Modern, Open plan, Dishwasher, Separate cooktop, Separate oven, Rangehood, Waste disposal, Breakfast bar, Gas bottled, Pantry and Finished in
- Living area Open plan, Formal lounge
- Main bedroom Double and Walk-in-robe
- Ensuite Separate shower
- Bedroom 2 Double
- Bedroom 3 Built-in / wardrobe
- Bedroom 4 Double and Built-in / wardrobe
Additional rooms Office / study, Other (Wine Cellar, Walk in pantry (x2))
- Main bathroom Bath, Separate shower, Exhaust fan
- Laundry Separate
- Views Private, City, Rural
- Aspect North
- Outdoor living Entertainment area (Other surface), Clothesline, Garden, BBQ area (with lighting), Deck / patio
- Fencing Partial
- Land contour Flat to sloping
- Grounds Backyard access, Landscaped / designer, Tidy
Garden Garden shed (Number of sheds: 1)
- Water heating Gas
- Water supply Town supply
- Sewerage Mains
- Locality Close to shops, Close to transport, Close to schools
items excluded Negotiable: Fisher & Paykel Fridge/Freezer, Outdoor entertaining table (near pizza oven) Excluded: Washing Machine, Small bookshelf above toilet by front door, Various outdoor sculptures, Turning circle stone front, UBUNTU sign, Beware of the God sign, Metalware corn light fitting in study, Hanging clothes rack in boiler room, Moroccan light fitting and curtains and rail rod in inner hallway, French Cafe signs and tin can chandeliers in drawing room, Principal bell jar light fitting and Bell jar in alcove light fitting in sitting room, Over mantle mirror in toilet by the back door, Metalware chandelier in main bedroom, Key back board at backdoor,